1/6/14

I Need Thee


I woke up this morning and was listening to music as I got ready.



Beautiful.  I do need Jesus.  Daily.  Hourly.

The past year and a half has brought on a lot!

Mostly importantly, we welcomed sweet George into the family on May 26.  (Two months before Prince George.....so, to answer your question...no, we did not name our son after the prince).  You would be surprised how often I get that question.  :)

He is now 7 months and has such a sweet disposition.  Always smiling.  Always talking.  Sleeps all night.  Growing like a weed.  Thankful.  Blessed.


Ev is almost 3.5.  They said time would fly... It did.  She is so smart.  Loves her family.  Loves Jesus.  Thankful.  Blessed.

My husband and I have had many conversations over the past year about homeschooling.  Yes?  No?  We have been going back and forth.  So, we decided to do a trial year.  We are schooling E now for about 45 minutes each morning.  In the fall when she is 4, we will do a couple of hours a day.  She is definitely ready.  She loves it!  Today was her first day.  I am so excited to see my sweet girl learn so many things.  But mostly, I am excited to see her learn about Jesus.  Thankful that we are called to be a part of that.  :)  We'll continue homeschooling as long as we feel a peace about it.  I hope that is forever.  Thankful.  Blessed.

Here are a few photos of day 1.

Our classroom:




 Our curriculum:

We are using God's Little Explorers this semester.  We love it!  If you have any questions about it, feel free to comment below!  :)

We have also added a few supplemental activities (calendar and extra letter of the week activities).

If you are interested in checking it out - http://www.motherhoodonadime.com/kids/gods-little-explorer-preschool-curriculum/


Our school day:

 Sister was telling Brother about our Bible story.  :)

 This is our daily notebook that we do with our calendar time.  We got this from: http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/

This is our "Letter X Lapbook."  We got these printables free online.  She'll have a different file folder for each letter to go back and look at.  


Thankful.  Blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment