1/8/14

Desperate


"We live in a fallen world that is in rebellion to God and His holiness.  That means my children are self-centered, immature, and demanding; my husband has flaws and is vulnerable to his own weaknesses, temptations, and selfishness; and he is married to a woman whose focus is on herself, her own needs, dreams, and desires.  This reality presupposes that a home and family naturally move towards chaos". 

But there is GREAT news!!

John 16:33 says, "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation.  But take heart; I have overcome the world". 


This book, by Sally Clarkson and Sarah Mae has rocked my world.  On every page, I feel that the authors are speaking directly to me and know my situation.  But the truth is, we all have times of tribulation, depression, loneliness, anxiety, and the list goes on.. The ONLY hope we have is in Jesus.  

 Our new routine consists of me waking at 6:30.  This has been such a nice time for me to get ready, read my bible, and read some of my book.  Waking 2 hours before my kids has never been something I thought I would want to do, but it has really allowed me to gather my thoughts and get my focus on Jesus before my children wake.  Once they are up, we have breakfast and then start school.  By the time we are done with school, Brother is napping and Ev gets to have a snack and watch a show.  What a lovely time for me to blog and get my thoughts down for the day.

Thankful.  Blessed.




No comments:

Post a Comment